The Trinidad & Tobago Cultural Society of BC offers two types of scholarships annually: Post Secondary Scholarships and Music Scholarships.
2013 Scholarship Essay Competition
The Trinidad & Tobago Cultural Society of BC sponsors an annual Scholarship Essay Competition. See below for details regarding how to apply, and download the application form here. This year's topic:
Should Black Canadian history be taught in BC schools? Discuss.
2012 Essay Competition Winners
- Cecil Ash Memorial Scholarship:
Awarded to a graduating student of Trinidad & Tobago heritage
Ms. Kim Willcott
- Graduating student of Caribbean heritage award:
Ms. Laura Dotto
- General graduating student award:
Mr Wyatt Gronnemose
$750 are awarded to each winner, with a maximum of three winners.
Application deadline is June 20, 2013.
Graduating students are invited to apply for a $750 scholarship for post secondary education by participating in our annual Scholarship program. Awards will be made to a maximum of one (1) winner for each of the following three (3) categories:
- Graduating High School (Grade 12) students in the BC Lower Mainland
- Graduating students as above, but of Caribbean heritage
- Cecil Ash Memorial Scholarship: Graduating students with Trinidad & Tobago family background
Submissions must be sent to the address below, be received by the deadline date above, and include
- Completed application form
- A 500 word essay on the topic supplied above
Scholarship winners will be awarded $750 upon submission of
- Proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution
- Copies of any tuition fee receipts
Winners will be invited to receive their award on stage at our annual Caribbean Days Festival.
Wilson Wong Moon Memorial Music Scholarships
These scholarships are intended to assist students interested in learning to play the Steel Drum with a qualified Pan Tutor in the BC Lower Mainland.
2011 Music Scholarship Winners
- Ms. Alejandra Fragoso
Two Music Scholarships are awarded. Value is $300 each. Scholarships are awarded in memory of the late Trinidadian-Canadian musical pioneer Wilson Wong Moon.
How To Apply
Please send submissions by mail to
Trinidad & Tobago Cultural Society of BC
4974 Kingsway Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5H 4M9